Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I think the Fly is Dead

Paper beads.  That's my latest endeavour.  Roll up long skinny, tapering, pieces of paper - around a coffee sippy straw.  Glue the end down, varnish it a few times and there you have it.  A bead, or many beads.  You choose depending on your level of insanity.

Apparently I am rather insane as I ordered a box of 1000 coffee, stir-er, sippy straws last night.  If that is an indication of the winter to come, it's going to be a long, wet winter.  And there she is....  twirling paper around sippy straws...

I am really getting old.  The older I get, the younger I get.  I play like a six year old.  If only I could sleep like a child too. 

I'm still into photographing everything I don't see, in hopes of seeing it better. Doesn't help usually, but it does keep me off the streets. (for the most part).  
I found a dead fly on the screen of my backyard screened house.  He didn't fly away which was a dead give-away to his life status. I took his picture, thinking the whole time how I detest pictures of bodies in coffins.  I suppose this might have been different as he was not in a coffin. 

On to spiders.  Not a very good shot.  I was hovering around in an overgrown area of my yard... swatting mosquitoes and dancing away from ants.  It was much easier to focus on the dead fly.  

What can I say?  I promised myself I'd get back to blogging, I didn't promise myself high quality, thought provoking commentary.


No comments: