Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fairy Too

I've been at it again today, trying to come up with a fairy/elf that I can teach to a group of porcelain doll makers who have no experience with polymer clay. This fairy is about 3 and a half inches long... curled up.

They want to sculpt and I gather they wanted to sculpt yesterday. I wrote down some basic directions as I went along making this little lady. Now at least I'll be able to duplicate the size.

I used a Penni Jo mold for the face. It's the only way to go. It's the #1016 Lets Face It mold.

It's available at http://www.sweetbrierstudio.com/faces.htm.

I've stayed out of the yard today. I 'bout did myself in the past two days, hauling and digging up plants and then digging holes to put the dug up stuff in... in a different spot. I thought I'd take it easy today although I've been puttering around the house all day and am nearly as tired as I was yesterday.


I did get around to a 'remake' of a pants suit that I got on eBay. It's raw silk so I decided it was worth the effort. The pants had an elastic waist that just didn't fit right. I opened the back seam, measured for darts and then put in a zipper. It's a much nicer fit now. I wanted to get it done for a trip to Durham NC the end of May. I'll be attending the GBS/CIDP Foundation International Board meeting.

Other than that, I think I need to shower and get ready to head to bed. I was up late last night. There was a 'crash' in the night that I had to investigate. Never did figure out what it was. Oh well!

No comments: